Golf & Wine Tour of Spain
Golf & Wine Tour of Spain
Holiday \ Tour
Number of Nights
From £1790 pp
For information and reservations submit an enquiry form.
A unique tour for the discerning wine lover. You’ll visit some of the world’s best wineries, discover iconic landmarks, castles, churches… and play great golf!
- 9 nights’ accommodation with breakfast included:
3 nights 5-star Gran Melìa Fénix, Madrid
2 nights 5-star Abadi Retuerta LeDomain, Ribera del Duero
1 night 4-star Parador de Lerma
3 night 4-star Viura Hotel
- 5 green-fees + golf cart
La Moraleja No.3
El Encín Golf
Rioja Alta Golf
- Escorting guide throughout the trip
- All visits (and tickets) with professional guides.
- Madrid – Valladolid AVE High-speed train tickets
- All transportation by luxury private vehicle
- Meet and greet service
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Sigthseeing tours: Madrid
- Wine tastings:
- “El Regajal” (Madrid)
- Abadia Retuerta (Ribera del Duero),
- CVNE (La Rioja)
- Marqués de Riscal (La Rioja).
- Ysios (La Rioja)
This tour can be also be started or ended in Barcelona.
- Airline tickets
- Travel and medical insurance
- Tips or gratuities
- Other meals than mentioned
Spain Golf Holiday
Golf & Wine Tour of Spain
This is the perfect holiday in which to combine two passions, and, while the golfer plays, there is plenty to do for the non-golfer. Find another side to spain than just the Costa,s and book a holiday that you will remember.
Day 1: Madrid
- Arrive in Madrid.
- Private transfer to your hotel in the city, Gran Meliá Fénix 5*.
- Afternoon visit Prado museum
- Welcome Dinn
Day 2: Golf Santander
- Golf at Golf Santander
- Non golfers: Visit to El Escorial
- Afternoon visit to Habsburg’s Madrid
Day 3: La Moraleja No.3
- Golf at La Moraleja No.3
- Afternoon winery visit and tasting “El Regajal”
Day 4: El Encin Golf
- Golf at El Encín Golf
- Afternoon private transfer to board your high-speed train (AVE) to Valladolid
- Check –in at 5* Abadia Retuerta LeDomaine Hotel
Day 5: Ribera del Duero
- Vineyard and winery tour + tasting and visit to the 12th century Abbey of Santa María de Retuerta.
- Afternoon visit to Peñafiel Castle and Santa María de Valbuena monastery
Day 6: Ribera del Duero
- Visit to Aranda de Duero and its subterranean wineries
- Check-in at Parador de Lerma 4*
- Afternoon at leisure
Day 7: Lerma Golf Course
- Golf at Lerma Golf Course
- Non-golfers: sightseeing Burgos
- Check-in at Viura Hotel
- Afternoon at you leisure
Day 8: Rioja Alta Golf Club
- Golf at La Rioja Alta Golf Club.
- Non-golfers: visit to Santo Domingo de la Calzada
- Afternoon to “Bodega Cune” winery dated in 1879
Day 9: Marqués de Riscal
- Visit to Marqués de Riscal Winery
- Afternoon visit to Ysios winery
Day 10: Depart from Madrid
- Private transfer to the airport in Madrid for your flight back home.
Non golfers activities:
- Sightseeing tours:
Monasterio del Escorial, was the first example of the architectural style which came to be known as Herrerian after its creator, Juan de Herrera. It holds the designation of Madrid.dia 3. escorialWorld Heritage site. Philip II used this Royal Site for his family pantheon. Construction work began in 1563 under Juan de Toledo, and on his death was continued by Juan de Herrera, who completed the building in 1584.
This impressive provincil capital, situated in the Pilgrim’s Road to Santiago de Compostela,, is dotted with fine monuments and churches, the most famous of which is the magnificent cathedral, declared World Heritage, its lofty Gothic spires dominate the city’s skyline.
Santo Domingo de la Calzada
The historical town, an important staging post on the Way of St James, was founded in the 11C and owes its name to a hermit, Dominic, who built a bridge to help pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela, a causeway to Burgos, ahospice and a hospital.
Claris Hotel 5*
Abadia Retuera Le Domain 5*
The Estate Abadía Retuerta LeDomaine is one of the exclusive wine estates found along the Duero River. If the heart of the estate is the winery, its soul is the ancient 12th-century abbey, which has been lovingly restored Spanish cultural heritage site.
Parador de Lerma 4*
The amazing ducal palace from the era of the Hapsbergs and now the Parador Hotel, is located in the upper part of the city. The hotel features a central courtyard surrounded by columned galleries.
Viura Hotel 4*
Composed of whimsically superimposed cubes that seem to surge forcefully from the centre of the earth; punctuated by French windows that flood the rooms with views of the relaxing scenery. Not only is the Viura a must to stay, it’s also the perfect base from which to discover the wine region of Rioja.
- Suitable for Non-golfers
- Golf Buggies Available
- Caddies Available
- Golf Club Hire
- Child friendly
- Close to town
- Near beach
- Near mountains
- Hotel accommodation
- Other sports amenities
From £1790 per person, please fill in the enquiry form and our partners will reply to you with in-depth information to help you decide on when to go.
Terms and Conditions
Great Golf Holidays is a division of Great Golf Media Ltd
- Great Golf Holidays operate as an intermediary portal to provide as large and varied collection of packages as possible to its users.
- Great Golf Holidays work with tour operators and direct with resorts and golf clubs to provide holiday packages.
- Bookings are not made with Great Golf Holidays but with the tour operator or resort offering the package.
- Great Golf Holidays are paid a commission by the resort or tour operator for the booking.
- Great Golf Holidays strive to offer the best prices and options possible through their service and relationship with the resorts and tour operators.
- Great Golf Holidays are not responsible should a dispute arise between the purchaser and the Resort/ Operator, but will make every effort to resolve the situation.